From Maasai Land to Jesuit Centre

The land where Mwangaza Jesuit Spirituality Centre is currently situated was once part of the Maasai land. In the late 1920’s it became part of the 3000 acre Bror and Karen Blixen Coffee Plantation. After the coffee plantation failed, the two plots on which Mwangaza presently exists were transferred from Karen to Muriel Hickman in October 1939. On December 15th, 1944 Mrs. Hickman transferred the land to Mrs. Phyllis Morton Talbot. The later subsequently sold the property to the Jesuits.

Read about the history of Mwangaza …

Some of Our Staff Members